Saturday, October 09, 2004

Vultures and me.

There's a vulture trapped in my backyard as I type. Some of you might know that by some measures vultures and I are strange attractors.

Most of the times I ride my motorcycle, I end up getting in a confrontation with a vulture. Now, I thought this was normal, but it has slowly dawned on me (after many friends pointed out how weird this was) that there must me something about me that either attracts vultures, or fails to scare them away, either way I've spent some of my more harrowing moments at speed trying to dodge the immense wings and duck under some nasty, disease-ridden talons.

And now there a vulture in my backyard. I'll take some pictures once the bird rescue people show up.

BTW: Fargo was completely ignorant of the giant bird. He was happily chewing a stick the entire time....

2 comments:

tuktuk said...

dude - if fargo is attracting vultures you SO NEED TO GIVE HIM A BATH!
ps - can we keep it?

Scott said...

Yeah, he does smell like death. Or mushrooms. It sort of depends on how damp he is at the time.

And no, sadly, we can't keep it. I was into the idea at first, until the nice bird rescue lady told me they like to throw up on you. Since I have a hard time cleaning up the cat puke, i'm not about to start cleaning up vulture hoark. Also it hissed at me. and...um...and the cat didn't like it either.