Wednesday, November 09, 2005

The winter whirlwind

Wow, what a couple of weeks it's been. And that's nothing compared to what may be happening by the end of the year. For those who haven't heard, Meredith has found a great house in Santa Rosa on Goodman Ave (which is really where it's at, neighborhood-wise). But we don't know if we can get it, because I would need to change up my job situation and I just got down here. It's a great house, but it's also no bargin. So I may or may not be moving.

Then there's my company's christmas party. They are flying everyone (families, spouses, significant others and their families) to Disneyland for an action=packed weekend and a dinner for 80 at the rainforest cafe. It should be pretty awesome. I plan to spend the time trying to match up the fuzzy sepia-toned memories of my visit to Disneyland in 1978 or so with the modern one.

Then there's the business trip to Mammoth Lakes, by way of Reno. I'll be driving the trusty comfy Subaru over the sierras during winter-storm months. If you know me, you know I cannot wait! Of course it'll be my luck to have beautiful unseasonably warm weather for the whole trip. I love doing stuff like that, remind me to tell you of the time I drove 17.5 hours to Silver Springs, NV and back in the middle of the worst storm of the winter to deliver someone some clothes.

Not to mention the blur that will be Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's and all that insanity.

No comments: