Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The Blue Bike.


mountainbike_DSC_5338.jpg
Originally uploaded by ScottyJ.
Ok, I'm almost done with my stable. I just wanted to get them all shot and online before I start making some drastic changes. This bike (variously: Blue bike, bomber, beast) has been the stalwart of the stable. I've had it the longest, ridden the most miles on it, and neglected it the most. This was my commute bike for most of my college career which logged upwards of 100 miles a week with little trouble. This was the first bike I built up as an adult, and was what I rode in my first critical mass (the 10th anniversary, and yes there's a sticker for that too). It also served as my mountain bike, grocery getter, urban beater, and general mule. It's a late 80s/early 90's Specialized mountain bike. Heavy, simple and comfy. The sticker you see here was hand cut from reflective tape by Laurel. The bike is covered with her stickers and others, but this unicycle guy is probably my favorite (more photos @ flickr). Sadly it's come time for some drastic measures. Surface rust is starting to make serious in roads on this frame so I need to strip it and repaint, which means I lose all my stickers. Sad but inevitable. I think I'll rebuild it as a mutli-speed scorcher/commuter. I really want to start commuting at least 50% of the time on a bike.

3 comments:

zelia said...

wow! So, what are you doing with the studio lighting that I'm not doing? Your studio photos look great!

(i think i need a nikon)

Scott said...

Photoshop. Most of my photos are pretty dark out of the camera, we just don't quite have enough light on the subject yet. But I boost the curves in photoshop and correct the white balance when I forget to set it to tungsten.

Of course, you do need a nikon, but you would still need photoshop unless we spent more money on lights.

mati rose said...

scott! thanks for coming to our show last night! wish we all could've talked more, next time!
ps- nice bikes!