Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Photos from the North American Handbuilt Bicycle Show


nahbs_DSC_5229.jpg
Originally uploaded by ScottyJ.
Over at my flickr page, I've got lots of photos I took at the NAHBS show in San Jose on Saturday. Needless to say it was stunning. Almost every booth had some neat design detail or flawless execution. There were steel bikes (lugged, fillet brazed, and tigged), titanium, carbon fiber, bamboo, and aluminum bikes. From race bikes to track bikes to jaw dropping gorgeous Randonneur bikes. Sonoma County and Portland were well represented. Bruce Gordon's work is elvish in it's detail and grace. Sycip (Santa Rosa) had a nice range of styles, and one of their former employees has struck out on his own with this beautiful track bike as Robolledo Cycles, whose shop is 5 minutes from my house.

Ahearne, Brian Bayliss, and ANT bikes were among my favorites as well.

No comments: