Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Nice Weekend

After a harrowing week of lung infections, and the worst migrane of my life, Meredith surprised me with a nights stay in the Hotel La Rose. She'd had a hard week as well and decided that what we needed was to get away from our housework, and daily routine to lounge around in bed and watch cable, and take naps. It was exactly what I needed. The hotel is really quite nice. Nice rooms, comfy bed, awesome shower. The decor was a little too grandmotherly, but the view was great. We were in the 'old' building (the big stone one) on the third floor and our room fronted on Railroad Square so we could see A'romas and Flying Goat simulataneously. We indulged in room service for dinner (which was very tasty) and got irate at the lame offerings that TV had for us. Neither of us has cable at home, so we were in for a little bit of culture shock. Did you know that Flava Flave and Brigette Neilsen are dating? And that she calls him "foofy-foof"?! Man it was messed up. I mean, I'm glad they've found happiness and all, but seriously: Foofy-foof?! Arg.

1 comment:

zelia said...

I'm so pleased that it was just what you needed. It was lovely.