Friday, February 17, 2006

Studio Bikes, my roadie


DSC_5057.jpg
Originally uploaded by ScottyJ.
Since spring in on the way, my bike love has blossommed again. It took a hiatus for a little while because...well..life just wasn't very bike friendly. But now that my commute is back to reasonable, and I'm not commuting to see my lovely girlfriend, I've got the time to ride.

So I though I should document my bikes as they are right now (because I'm always tinkering and changing them).

This bike is my favorite to ride. It fits me just right, and handles really well, even with that atrocious aluminum fork. This was my main bike for commuting to school, and midnight mass rides. It is a lugged steel frame from davidson in Seattle. I traded an early 80's Merckx that was too small for it at Recyclery in San Rafael. The fork was the only thing they had that fit the frame, but someday I'll pony up the dough for a proper Davidson fork, but I don't have $250 sitting around...

No comments: