Saturday, March 05, 2005

Boring old blog = chaotic life

Ok, my health has not been so robust lately so my blog has been suffering. Nothing serious, just that my immune system seems a little rundown so I've been picking up all the availble bugs out there. Thus I miss work, which leads to working long hours (and weekends) in order to catch up, which leads to more sickness. Arg....I had a great combo of food poisioning and flu and heartburn and migrane on Thursday night. It was super. Now it's Saturday and it feels like my body is trying to purge the last of the chemcial cocktail I subjected myself too. But it's beautiful and warm outside...while I type this from my desk at work. Damn.

On the plus side, I got the rims I really wanted for my BMW for cheap. My old rims were beat up and were ugly even when new, so these 'new' (to me) rims make my car look much better. One step closer to making it the car I see in my dreams. Tomorrow I should be picking up some seats which are much nicer than the torn up saggy things that are currently in it. Then with the next paycheck I'll get the brakes sorted which will allow me to drive it again. Yay! I like progress. I like playing with old cars, I don't know why, but I do.

And in boat news: I've decided to try and save the Edith. Gary has moved on to new boat projects, and new boats which will make the workflow/decision making process much easier. One boss, one wallet: Mine. Of course the amount of work needed is a little daunting, but I'm trying to stay the course and fix only what is really necessary while preserving the other bits. Right now I'm getting ready to shore up the back of the cabin where the old fuel tanks were. They were supporting a lot of the scabbed on sections (unintentionally I think) and now they are gone so it's time for new wood! Once I get a new cross-beam in, and the paneling put back on, then I'll reattach the floor for the pilot house and hook up a fuel tank, then she'll be ready for more light outings. At some point I'm hoping to bring her down to San Rafael where I can haul her out and patch up some of the worst of the structural problems and leaks. I may end up berthing her there as well (depending on insurance requirements) for location convenience (close to a shipyard, hardware/lumber stores, the bay, etc).

River cleanup plans are still being made but I've been lagging on the 501 3(c) paperwork. Work has gotten chaotic internally, so I'm trying to polish my resume, and plan for my next step should I decide to move along. Lots to do!

No comments: