Tuesday, September 14, 2004

First blog

Today is my best friend's birthday. She's in India, so we don't get to hang out. It's the first birthday in a long time that I haven't at least made some lame excuse as to why her present isn't ready yet.

Maybe I'll start off with a little biographical info. I'm 29 and I work for an environmental consultant, what I do there is currently in flux, suffice to say that I spend a lot of time in front of the computer. I live in Petaluma, with a roomate, a dog and two cats. As I type the dog is freshly damp and fragrant from a bath. I'm new to blogging, but I've been wanting to find some outlet for my day to day thoughts. When I was younger I used to write a lot, but I fell out of practice, and now after college and writing technical documents for work, I feel my writing has become awkward. So this is a way for me to regain my written voice, and post photos.

I love photography, another hobby I had when I was younger. I've rediscovered how much I enjoy it after I got a Nikon D70. I imagine that lots of the content here will be photos that I take during my day to day. I think I'll start with last weekend.

No comments: