Monday, September 27, 2004

Love, Petaluma Style.

Saturday I got to see my ex-best-friend get married. Ex, in that our lives have drifted, not ex, like we hate each other. Shannon (The Groom) and I were almost inseperable for 10 years, from 9 until 19. His parents helped raise me, and I lived with them for long periods during the tumultuous teen years. He's moved on to Brooklyn, with a cadre of other Petalumans, but they all came back to their hometown to get married at the Old Adobe.

It was much more fun than I had anticipated. I always dread seeing old friends, because I usually fall into shy/silent mode, and everyone gets the impression that I've become an asshole. But Saturday was different. For one thing, this was the first time in nearly a decade that I got to see many of my old "crew" and I only wished that we could've hung out longer. It looks like I'll be flying to Brooklyn soon.

No comments: