Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Franco-freakout

I've been having a low-grade Franco-freakout over the last week or so. Since Saturday actually. When I was 14 I was an exchange student in the south of france, and for over a decade I thought about it every day. Some thing would remind me of france everyday, whether it was a smell, a sound, hearing a song. And strangely for the last year or two that has kinda faded. Christ, it's been 15 years. But that's not the point. The point is: It's back big time. Actually international-wanderlust has come back in a big way. It's finally starting to sink in, that I'm actually making enough money to survive (almost a first for me), and that I can actually save money and travel. That just hasn't been an option for 15 years. Now I need to get my passport renewed, and figure out dog sitters, and get out there.

Also, England. I wanna go to England. And Japan. And...welll fuck it, Europe in general. Especially the mountains.

And I wanna drive across this bizarre country of ours.

2 comments:

zelia said...

Put me on the dogsitter list. If Laurel can't do it, I'll do it! You should go to France and wander around and take lots of photos and ride little French bikes across the countryside, and live on bread and cheese and smoke everywhere....except in the Louvre.

Cross Country drive sounds like fun too...I'd love to come along. Wonder if I could get D. to keep the kids for a week or two. I haven't seen enough of this country.

tuktuk said...

Suuuuuuuurre...decide you want to go to England AFTER we struggle for a month to get someone to commit to flying there with a free round trip ticket to meet us with our art. Stoopid boy. Give me back my pets. You can keep my brother (just kiddin)